Re: gnome-pilot can't see my palm V (jpilot can)

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 05:17, Matt Davey wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 00:33 -0400, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> > On Friday 26 May 2006 09:46, Matt Davey wrote:
> > > See:
> > > https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/linux-
> > > source-2.6.15/+bug/39518
> > >
> > > Bingo!
> > >
> > > Matt
> >
> > Heh.  Too funny.  I reported that bug.
>
> I recognised the name, good to see you still gp'ing away...  Doesn't
> look like the bug has been acted on yet, unfortunately.

Actually, I'm more kp'ing away these days....  =:)  But yah, I noticed that
too.  I'm guessing it might be because there's not all that many people using
the combination of ubuntu, an apple powerbook, and a palm pilot all at the
same time.  =:/

> >   And though I've not seen that exact
> > same kernel oops since I've been running 2.6.17-rc4, I have stumbled
> > across a much nastier one that pops up much-less-frequently.
>
> Does it seem to be usbserial related?  It's dismaying to see the ongoing
> kernel/udev and now usbserial glitches.

If it happens again, I will write down what I see.  It's happened to me twice
already and both times, it takes me out of X, brings me to a VC and presents
me with a weird message and what looks like a prompt, though nothing that I
type is recognized.  =:/  I realize this is the kind of bug reporting more
popularly known as "useless", but it _only_ happened twice to me so far and
both times I was more focused on finishing what I was so ungraciously
interrupted from doing than on figuring out what new and exciting thing Linux
was giving me an opportunity to learn about.  =;)

> >   Haven't tried
> > reproducing it yet, but it not only causes a kernel oops, but it crashes
> > and locks my powerbook hard when it hits.
>
> not exactly an incentive to reproduce it, eh? :)

Heh.  Not so much.  =:)

--

 `
 ,