Re: gpilot sync works with local contacts, but not with LDAP contacts (Evolution 2.6.1)

Hello Nathan,

> Can you run gpilotd in a command window (/usr/libexec/gpilotd or /usr/lib/gpilotd - might have to
> kill an existing gpilotd process)? If you send the list the output from this, we'll have more
> information to figure out what might be wrong.

Now we're talking!  The output told me exactly what's wrong - but I
still don't know how to solve it.

First of all, the process runs with the following arguments

/usr/bin/gpilotd --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_Pilot_Daemon
--oaf-ior-fd=66

Somehow I didn't find any info on the command line switches :-( - I
appended the full output from the process to the mail, and here are the
relevant pieces:

michael aachen:~$ /usr/bin/gpilotd
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_Pilot_Daemon --oaf-ior-fd=64
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.13 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.8
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: Instantiated 1 backup conduits, 1 file conduits, 6
other conduits
gpilotd-Message: HotSync button pressed, synchronising pilot
gpilotd-Message: Pilot ID is 1000, name is Tungsten T, owner is Michael
Jastram
eaddrconduit-Message: pre_sync: Addressbook Conduit v.0.1.2
eaddrconduit-Message: contacts needs authentication

So I guess the problem is obvious now!

> One other question: do you need to authenticate with the LDAP server? Some code was added not too
> long ago to deal with authentication - maybe the new code doesn't work?

The funny thing is that I configured the LDAP server to allow anonymous
read and write without authentication (and I tested it).

> Also, what version of pilot-link and gnome-pilot are you using? What distribution?

Distribution is Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper.  The gpilot version info is in the
log above.

> You might also want to send an e-mail to evolution gnome org (the users evolution list). The
> EAddress conduit is actually maintained by the evolution team, not gnome-pilot.

Well, I think that won't be necessary, now that we managed to identify
the problem.  But what can I do about it???  Any suggestions?

Thanks again for your help!

Michael

--
Michael Jastram - micky alum mit edu - http://jastram.de/
PGP: 9301 1A1A 58C6 2433 4EA0    A040 A5AE 4122 12C1 EB80