Re: Clean up make distclean

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 09:53 +0100, Matt Davey wrote:
> I don't mean to be smart, here, but it would be great if you could
> supply a patch for these improvements.  Like any open-source
> contributor I've met, I've a pretty limited amount of time I can spend
> on gp.

Let's start by filing this in bugzilla on the gnome side, so it can be
tracked and someone can add useful comments, patches and other metadata
to it.

> As David Desrosiers mentioned, there are other serious problems with
> the tarball distribution centred on the libtool stuff (the
> --with-pisock= path doesn't get added to the libtool search path).
> And conduits never seem to work before a 'make install' either.  This
> is stuff that'd be great to fix, but I don't see myself getting around
> to right now.

..and I'm guilty of not filing these either. I'll see what I can do. I
need to set aside a chunk of time and really pour through this and do
some aggressive testing before I file these as "current" bugs.

I can take a swag at poking at distclean.. not sure about rpath and
friends, but if I see something obvious, I'll do what I can to help. The
problem there is that it seems to inherit the settings of any existing
gnome-pilot install on the machine, and prepends those to the libtool
line.

One thing at a time, we'll get there.

--
David A. Desrosiers