Re: Tungsten T5 status

Quoting Matthew Kay <m_kay fastmail co uk>:

> Gerd,
>
> (Following your namesake's fortunes closely... :-)  )
>
> I'm using the 2.6.13-rc3 kernel.  I compiled it myself, including all
> the modules demanded in the README.usb file here:
>
> http://pilot-link.org/README.usb
>
> I'm also using hotplug and udev.  My pilot-link version is 0.12-pre4,
> which I compiled from source rather than using the Debian package.
>
> I had problems myself until I read some archives and realised that you
> have to press the hotsync button, wait 3 seconds and then try to
> connect, using gnome-pilot or any of the pilot-link suite.
>
> Hope that helps - I'll see if I can get the classic Datebook going.
>
> Do any of the developers have any extra information on either the
> classic Datebook feature in T5 or progress in supporting the new
> Calendar API?

I'm using jpilot on FC3 (latest update) and FC4 (2.6.13-1.1525_FC4).  Timing is
everything.  On my FC3 system (dual PPro 200) with previous kernels I had to
wait 10 s., but now that seems to be too long.  My FC4 machine is a P4 1.8Ghz
and my success rate is about 1 in 4 attempts.

--
George N. White III
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia