gpilotd-control-applet not working.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Jeffrey Cobb <jeff hallmark earthlink net>
To: gnome-pilot-list gnome org
Subject: gpilotd-control-applet not working.
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 15:02:09 -0800

I've spent a while trying to get my Palm m125 to work in FC4.  I've
installed the latest packages I could find:

gnome-pilot-2.0.13-4.i386.rpm
gnome-pilot-conduits-2.0.13-2.i386.rpm
gnome-pilot-devel-2.0.13-4.i386.rpm
pilot-link-0.12.0-0.pre4.0.fc4.2.i386.rpm

I've been able to successfully backup my palm using pilot-xfer.  The
problem is when I use the Gnome app (gpilotd-control-applet).  It seems
to be getting a connection but gpilotd reports the following when the
control applet tries to retrieve the user information:

(gpilotd:6487): gpilotd-WARNING **: Number of pilots is configured to 0
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/ttyUSB1)
gpilotd-Message: corba:
get_user_info(cradle=Cradle,survival=0,timeout=0)
gpilotd-Message: assigned handle num 1
gpilotd-Message: Found 4766, 0001
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: Found 0502, 0736
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
	...etc...
gpilotd-Message: Found 12ef, 0100
gpilotd-Message: Using net TRUE
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600

(gpilotd:6487): gpilotd-WARNING **: Unable to bind to pilot
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600

(gpilotd:6487): gpilotd-WARNING **: Unable to bind to pilot
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600

(gpilotd:6487): gpilotd-WARNING **: Unable to bind to pilot
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600

(gpilotd:6487): gpilotd-WARNING **: An error occured while getting the
pilot's system data

I set the applet settings to port:/dev/ttyUSB1, type:usb, speed:57600.
The error occurs when the app dialog displays: "About to retrieve
Username and ID from the pilot..."

I push the hotsync button on the pilot -- at least at this point the
palm attempts to connect and some success is made because the palm no
longer reports and error connecting...  But the userdata the gpilotd app
is requesting obviously isn't received.  At this point I'd have to
assume the control app is the problem because all the other tools seem
to work fine.

Any suggestions?  Perhaps a config file needs to be tweaked for
gpilot-control-app?

Thanx in advance.
Jeff