gpilotd hangs on initial sync with Handspring Visor

Hello all,

I have trying without much success to get my Handsrping Visor to sync
via USB.  I was finally able to configure udev to not remove /dev/ttyUSB1
after the handspring was finishing.  This was causing gpilotd to crash, I guess
because it couldn't find the device files to open.  Now I can start
gpilotd through the gpilotd-control-applet, but when I try to do the
initial sync the Visor starts syncing, and then finishes sync'ing right away,
and says that the sync was successful.  However, the gpilotd applet says on
the screen that says that its about to send my identifying data to the pilot.
I never get the option of going forward; I can only go back or cancel, and
the applet nothing after the pilot syncs.  I am able to send data using
pilot-link, so I was wondering is there something that I'm doing wrong, or
should I file a bug report.

I am using Fedora Core 4, with kernel 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4smp, gnome-pilot
version 2.0.13, pilot-link 0.12.0-pre5.  The rpm versions for the last two are
gnome-pilot-2.0.13-2 and pilot-link-0.12.0-0.pre4.0.fc4.2 respectively.

Also, I hope that this is not an issue, but I am trying to do this through the
enlightenment window manager, not gnome.  (I'm using e16-0.16.8-0.18.fc4.)

Here is the dmesg info:

usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
usb 1-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS: port 1, is for Generic use
usb 1-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS: port 2, is for HotSync use
usb 1-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS: Number of ports: 2
visor 1-1:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter detected
usb 1-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usb 1-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB1
usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 3
visor ttyUSB0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now disconnected from ttyUSB
0
visor ttyUSB1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now disconnected from ttyUSB
1
visor 1-1:1.0: device disconnected

Here is the output of gpilotd as captured in my X output file:

gpilotd-Message: Activating object OAFIID:GNOME_Pilot_Daemon
** Message: No pilot userid/username information located
** Message: Unable to load pilot id/username, assuming unset
** Message: No pilot cradle information located
** Message: Unable to load pilot cradle info, assuming unset
** Message: No pilot userid/username information located
** Message: Unable to load pilot id/username, assuming unset
** Message: No pilot cradle information located
** Message: Unable to load pilot cradle info, assuming unset

Thank you very much in advance.

John Guthrie
guthrie counterexample org