Re: DNS problem using Treo with bluetooth. Fedora Core 3.

David A. Desrosiers wrote:
Google tells me this is a firewall/iptables problem so I will find a
more appropriate list to continue this discussion. Thanks for your
help folks.

	You did enable ip_forward, right?

	echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Yes I did enable ip_forward.

When I stop iptables everything works just great - I can surf, email, hotsynch over bluetooth - everything, it's great! I tried using the following rules as per "Palm Quick Answers -- Internet Access via Bluetooth on Linux" at http://www.metacon.ca/bcs/view.php?page=bluetooth but this didn't seem to do the trick - same problem: ICMP Destination unreachable (Host administratively prohibited).

# iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
# iptables -A FORWARD -i ppp0 -j ACCEPT
# iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

Definately it's an iptables problem, though I have no idea how to solve it except to turn iptables off :-/

Chris
Webmaster, mytreo.net
chris mytreo net