memo_file note duplicates

Hi all,

I got my memo_file conduit problem solved by updated gnome-pilot and
gnome-pilot-conduit.  I have
gnome-pilot-2.0.12-4 and gnome-pilot-conduits-2.0.12-3.

Initially, I had memo_file "copy from pilot" all memo.  It worked
fine.  Then I changed it to "synchronize".  On the file system, I got
a set of *.2 files.  If I sync it again, I got *3.  If I keep
sync'ing, will I get multiple sets of files in the memo_file dir?  Is
there a way to stop it to just 1 backup or even no backup?

Suppose I got a new and I want to copy the memo from the dir to the
new Palm.  Will I  get duplicates?

What is "Ignore start' and "ingore end'?

One last question, am I missing a man page or something?  Let me know
if I miss some good resource for answers.

Thanks a lot
William