Problems with GNOME 2.8 / Evolution 2.0

Dear fellow GNOME-Pilot users,
This afternoon I decided to upgrade my GNOME 2.6 to 2.8 with Evolution 2.0. Everything went very well (I use Gentoo 2004.2) so I decided to remove Evolution 1.4.6 and it's data files. I shouldn't have done this, since I bumped into a uge problem... :( After doing some e-mail en al. I tried to sync my Zire 21. Result; every appointment duplicated FOUR! times and the synchronisation is all crappy.
I wanted to know if this problem was caused by the upgrade so I made a brand new user with a clean set-up. Presto! The problem came up again; syncing seems not possible using Evolution 2.0 under Gentoo Linux.

Anyone seen this problem in the past?

Cheers,
Kees