Re: (no subject)

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 03:50:44PM -0300, Fernando Barceló <fer fbarcelo com ar> wrote:
> apt-get remove --purge gnome-pilot gnome-pilot-conduits (with --purge
> erase configuration files not only remove programs)

dpkg --purge will *never* remove per-user configurations; unfortunately,
there's just no safe way for a package manager to do this without
seriously risking blowing data the user *wants*.

> What must I delete if want a clear reinstalation of gnome-pilot?

Try removing the ~/.gnome2/gnome-pilot.d directory.

--
Mike Markley <mike markley org>

The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like
Norman Einstein.
- Joe Theisman