Re: gpilotd warning: Unknown conduit

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 10:12, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 17:42, Roalt dot Com wrote:
> > I installed Fedora Core 2 on my computer. Hereafter I installed the
> > ximian-evolution packages and all gnome-pilot related packages also from
> > the ximian ftp site.
>
> Why?
>
> FC2 comes with a current stable evolution & gnome pilot package set, and
> Ximian do not do builds for either Fedora version.

> The FC2 packaged evolution & pilot tools works fine, the separate
> connector package is a little less stable (then again ximian's build of
> that had issues on RH9).
Hi Nigel,

I tried and indeed the conduit work then... but the problem lies with
the ximian connector. My employer uses exchange and I tried to run the
ximian connector with default fedora (2) packages, but I kept getting
error messages: See my posts in the evolution mailing list of May 2004,
the url (search for 'roalt') (Dan Winship says it's due to some bad
build of fedora's evolution rpm)

http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2004-May/thread.html

I would love to help and try how I get ximian connector together with
the conduits work with the default FC2 packages, but for now it looks
both Fedora Core 2 packages and ximian packages are both broke but in a
different place...
> I have seen this a long time back, but off hand cannot remember the
> problem.  It was probably discussed on the evolution list and I think it
> was probably down to a bad build (different prefixes on the 2 packages
> maybe).

I will try to get the SRPMS packages and rebuild them all from the
ground. I'll see (and report) how that works out.

Regards

Roalt