Re: [Somewhat OT] hotsync devices don't show up in kernel 2.6

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 22:23, Stuart Luppescu wrote:
> Since I upgraded my kernel to 2.6 the devices I use for hotsync don't
> show up anymore. I used /dev/usb/tts/1 with the 2.4 kernel, but these
> don't appear now.

Is your hotplug implementation 2.6 capable?
Specifically if you are using RH9 or earlier then the hotplug package
does not work correctly with 2.6 kernels.  This is a very simple problem
- if you look through the scripts you will see there is a test of kernel
version against 2.4.* & 2.5.* but a 2.6 version number will be treated
the same as a 2.2 kernel.   This means that the modules.usbmap file is
not read and used to select the correct modules to load.

In this case update your hotplug package to a more recent one - for RH9
update it to the current rawhide package.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]