Problem with memofile

Having searched the archives without success, I'm hoping you can help me
with my memo conduit problem.

I'm running 2.0.10 conduits on Fedora Core 1 (although this problem
occurred in RH9 as well...).  All my conduits seem to work (albeit
slowly, but I'll deal with that later) except for the memo conduit.
Nothing ever appears in my memo file directory.  Here's the output from
a hotsync with no other conduits turned on:

gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.10 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.8
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: bonobo_activation_active_server_register = 0
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/usb/ttyUSB1)
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=115200
gpilotd-Message: Cradle Cradle has 0 events
gpilotd-Message: Instantiating 1 conduits...
memo-file-conduit-Message: creating memo_file conduit
gpilotd-Message: Instantiated 0 backup conduits, 0 file conduits, 1
other conduits
gpilotd-Message: HotSync button pressed, synchronizing pilot
gpilotd-Message: Pilot ID is 500, name is MyPilot, owner is Frank

(gpilotd:13208): gpilotd-WARNING **: Error in queue, non-existing entry
gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in restore queue

(gpilotd:13208): gpilotd-WARNING **: Error in queue, non-existing entry
gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in conduit queue
memo-file-conduit-Message: MemoFile Conduit v 0.9
memo-file-conduit-Message: PreSync
memo-file-conduit-Message: load_records
memo-file-conduit-Message: load_categories
memo-file-conduit-Message: no categories, no records

(gpilotd:13208): gpilotd-WARNING **: Conduits initialization failed,
aborting operation
gpilotd-Message: Synchronization ended
memo-file-conduit-Message: destroying memo_file conduit
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=115200

(gpilotd:13208): gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: Connection timed out

(gpilotd:13208): gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: timeout was 2 secs

I have about a dozen memos on my PDA that should be syncing.  Any
suggestions?

--
Frank Pineau
Hey, you know those Roman hackers?  Man, were they I III III VII!