Re: Sync Evolution and Visor

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 09:39, John Shepard wrote:
> On Friday 19 September 2003 06:38 am, Greg Copeland wrote:
> > Oh ya, I have seen that before.  Try this.  "rm
> > ~/.gnome/gnome-pilot.d/gpilotd".  Feel free to save off a copy before
> > you do that, if you like.  Then, run the control applet.  For me, I get
> > a short delay and then a wizard pops up asking me about information on
> > my PDA.  Configure as needed.  After that, gpilotd seems to run okay.
> > For further testing, after you exit your control applet, you wan want to
> > kill gpilotd and run it directly from the command line to see what the
> > heck is going on.
> >
> OK, did that. `/.gnome/gnome-pilot.d/gpilotd was not re-created, however
> ~/.gnome2/gnome-pilot.d/gpilotd was. After not-syncing it looks like this:
>
> [Device0]
> type=0
> name=Cradle
> device=/dev/ttyUSB1
> speed=57600
> timeout=2
>
> [General]
> sync_PC_Id=-679002303
> progress_stepping=1

Do you still get the the below messages or do you know get a different
message now?

gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.10 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.7
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]

(gpilotd:2694): gpilotd-WARNING **: Number of devices is configured to 0

(gpilotd:2694): gpilotd-WARNING **: No accessible devices available

(gpilotd:2694): gpilotd-WARNING **: Number of pilots is configured to 0
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: bonobo_activation_active_server_register = 0

***** At this point it hangs and i stop it with ctrl-z.

[1]+  Stopped                 gpilotd
[sara localhost sara]$

--
Greg Copeland <gtcopeland earthlink net>