Re: Treo 300: pilot-link works, gnome-pilot doesn't

David A. Desrosiers wrote:

So I looked through gpilotd.c for the errors, and found them at lines
187-188 after the call to pi_accept_to().  So I replaced device->timeout
with 30, but it seemed to make no difference, the visor_exists,
gpilotd-Message and WARNINGs again all appeared about 2 seconds after
pressing hotsync.
	Did you patch gnome-pilot to read the vendor_id and product_id
instead of the textual strings "Palm Handheld" or the other strings? You
have to do that first, or it won't properly detect the device, since the
Treo doesn't output them like the original USB Palm devices did.
Uh, yes.  From the same post you replied to:

"So I just did the second [switched entirely to using vendor_id and product_id], patch attached, including all the devices in Greg KH's latest kernel patch." Or you could have taken a quick glance at the attached patch.

It does properly detect the device now (though as a Visor, not a Treo; since product_id is 0x0100 I don't see how we can distinguish...), as evidenced by the "visor_exists=1" in the output I provided. (Though the patch didn't include the printf which indicated "visor_exists=1".) Something else is wrong.

Please re-read my previous post, I think you'll find it answers your concerns.

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>