Re: Treo 300: pilot-link works, gnome-pilot doesn't

> So I looked through gpilotd.c for the errors, and found them at lines
> 187-188 after the call to pi_accept_to().  So I replaced device->timeout
> with 30, but it seemed to make no difference, the visor_exists,
> gpilotd-Message and WARNINGs again all appeared about 2 seconds after
> pressing hotsync.

	Did you patch gnome-pilot to read the vendor_id and product_id
instead of the textual strings "Palm Handheld" or the other strings? You
have to do that first, or it won't properly detect the device, since the
Treo doesn't output them like the original USB Palm devices did.

d.