syncing memos - Treo

My configuration is the following:
Treo 270 (USB connection); RH8.0 (kernel: 2.4.20-18.8); Ximian XD2; Evo 1.4.0

With the updates recommended by D.Desrosiers to the kernel and gnome-pilot, I am finally able to sync my pilot with Evo.  It's been months of trial and error, but finally it works.  However, one problem remains. That of syncing the memo files to disk.  Setting the conduit to initially to copy the files from the palm to disk (Action: Copy from pilot) causes a segmentation fault with

"Application "gpilotd" (process nnnn) has crashed due to a fatal error. (Segmentation fault)"

Anyone got suggestions on how to fix this?  configure this?

/dc