[Fwd: Memo-File Conduit problem]

I tried to install

    pilot-link-0.11.7.tar.gz
    gnome-pilot-0.1.71.tar.gz
    gnome-pilot-conduits_0.10.tar.gz

Now MemoFile isn't crashing the conduit but

I have following message

emanoil bendida:~$ ps -A | grep pilot
 1106 pts/1    00:00:00 gpilot-applet
 1140 ?        00:00:00 gpilotd
emanoil bendida:~$ gpilotd-Message: Woke on Cradle
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600

gpilotd-WARNING **: Unable to bind to pilot

I did have to update

libc6_2.3.1-10_i386.deb
libgnome-pilot1-dev_0.1.71-3_i386.deb
libdb1-compat_2.1.3-7_i386.deb
libgnome-pilot1_0.1.71-3_i386.deb

I think I would be able to sync with my Palm as far as I fix this

any ideas?

I use Palm III

thanks

--
+ Emanoil Kotsev - - - - -+
| tel. 0043(1)9253175     |

--- Begin Message ---
My solution thus far has been to write a shell script that kills
gpilotd, uses pilot-xfer to install the files I ask it to and then
restarts gpilotd.  This way I can use evolution to sync everything and
file installation is a little easier which is fine since I don't install
files all that often.
Mike