Re: gnome-pim-conduits and appointment times

Hey,

I had posted the patch to fix this problem over a year ago. Unfortunately, it seems to have been lost twice. Here it is again. Now I haven't actually used the pim conduits in some time, so I don't know if the patch works with the current release, caveat emptor. It is really trivial so it should be easy to fix the current release.

Dano Carroll

On 2002.10.25 14:23 JP Rosevear wrote:
On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 14:12, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> JP Rosevear wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 15:40, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> >

> >>Greetings,
> >>
> >>Quite a while ago (eleven months and two days, to be exact), there
was
> >>mention on this list of a patch to fix the bug where all appointments

> >>synched from gnomecal to the Palm appear as "all-day" appointments,
with
> >>no time.
> >>
> >>That patch still hasn't made it to release, making gnome-pim-conduits

> >>still unusable, at least for gnomecal syncing.
> >>

> >>Any ideas on when this will get fixed?
> >>

> >I can't find the patch, and are you sure it was for gnome-pilot?  This
> >sounds like a gnomecal issue since that handles converting records
back
> >and forth.
> >
> I'm pretty sure it was a gnome-pim-conduits problem (is there another
> email list for that?), and that it persisted through at least this
April
> (just after Debian woody froze, so I haven't checked updates since).
>  This was covered in a discussion last November 22, when Eskil
mentioned
> the patch and "imminent" new release including it, and I asked about it

> again February 8 (with no reply).

The gnome-pim-conduits are part of gnomecal/gnome-pim.

> >You can import vcalendar files with evolution.
> >
> Really?  This didn't work with Evolution 1.0.5, it imported ical but
not
> vcal (Ximian bug #8001).  They say it's implemented in HEAD as of
> 2002/7/15, but does that mean it's in 1.0.x or do I need to try a 1.1
> beta?  Well, I'll try again.

That would be the beta.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Ximian, Inc.

*** calendar-conduit.c~ Sun Oct  7 22:45:18 2001
--- calendar-conduit.c  Tue Oct 23 02:19:13 2001
1000

        local->a->event = 0;
        /* If all day event, set event to 1, otherwise, set begin/end */
!       if (&local->ical->allday) {
                local->a->event = 1;
        }
        local->a->begin = *localtime(&local->ical->dtstart);
--- 994,1000 ----