Re: sync issues with evo 1.2.1 on RH8.0

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 14:42, David M. Cvet wrote:
> I feel better that I am not the only one with issues with respect to the
> inability to sync a palm with evo on linux (specifically RH 8.0).  Also,
> I can see that others sharing this difficulty have resorted to JPilot as
> a "backup" solution which I have done as well.
>
> However, I'd really like to get evo working with my palm and aside from
> numerous references to more lists than one can shake a stick at, I'd
> like to ask if anyone has experience this particular problem and
> resolved it.

Hi David,

I've had this problem and solved it by opening the Pilot Settings
window, from Evolution's Tools menu, just before I sync. It seems the
gpilot daemon doesn't recognise the sysc call. If I do this, I sync
perfectly with USB.

I don't know if anyone else has had this experience. Is it worth telling
Ximian?

RH 8.0
pilot-link version 0.11.5
gnome-pilot-0.1.70-1.ximian.1