Re: Treo 300 fails :-(

David A. Desrosiers wrote:

Another one bites the dust.  The just-purchased Treo 300 fails to sync,
but in a different way from the Samsung i330.  Good news first: it's
recognized on the USB port with no new kernel patches! :-)
	The Handspring Treo90 and Treo300 do not work with Linux.

Akhaa! Thanks. I guess my list archive and google searches weren't thorough enough.

Is there a hardware compatibility list anywhere? I don't see one on pilot-link.org or usbvisor.sourceforge.net...

Akhaa, found something on the new 2.5 driver. And found the driver changes in the 2.5.51-58 patches. Sounds like I need to try 2.5 (ekh!) or try to backport... There seem to be some USB driver changes, like to the usb_serial_device_type struct, not yet clear what's needed for the driver and what's just to conform to interface changes...

Is anyone else working on, or thinking about, a backport? Where is the discussion on this? The list archives on usbvisor.sourceforge.net are all closed to non-members -- is that where everything is happening?

I just want something that works... or does that necessarily mean...
(gasp) Windows?  I think I've shown I'm very willing to try stuff, if
somebody will give me stuff to try!
	Or a serial cable.

Ah, yes. If this had been an option for the Samsung, I would have tried it (store staff didn't seem to think it was).

Oh well.  I'd be happy help in any way with the driver.

Thanks,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>