Re: Tungsten E problems.

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 10:29, Daniel Pereda wrote:
> El lun, 22-12-2003 a las 10:36, David A. Desrosiers escribió:
> > > http://wiki.pilot-link.org/index.php/DeviceMatrix that Tungsten E use
> > > the port USB1, but i don't have USB1 in my machine.  can i connect with
> > > my Tungsten using the ttyUSBO port? Maybe i incorrect interpreter the
> > > information.
> >
> > 	You have to use USB1, which is the second port _on the Palm_ side.
>
> David, i don't understand if i need select this port in the palm side (i
> try to find it...without luky) or configure something in the PC side.

USB ports aren't enumerated like serial ports (i.e., COM1 -> ttyS0, COM2
-> ttyS1).  They're enumerated automatically.  You don't need to set
anything anywhere.  Just tell pilot-xfer (or whatever) to use
/dev/ttyUSB1.  Trust me (and David) -- you *do* have it. :-)

Ben
--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs metacon ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben steeves unb ca