Re: evolution 1.4.5, red hat linux 9, and treo600?

Well I've done it now.  I found a patch to gpilotd.c that included support
for the Treo600.  I got the src to gnome-pilot-2.0.10, edited the patch
(just one line for the treo model number), configured to not install in local,
built gpilotd and did a 'make install'.  Oddly, gpilotd was not installed in
/usr/bin. I could only find the built exe in .libs/gpilotd so I copied that down to /usr/bin. I suspect this is the wrong thing to do but I'm not sure why it
is not installing  it by itself.
Now when I try 'tools->pilot settings'
I get a popup error saying "cannot connect to gnomepilot demon'.  If I
run gpilotd by hand I get a kernel hang and I have to power cycle.
If anyone can tell me how to get evolution (and gpilotd) 1.4.5 working I'd appreciate it.
If not, I'm going to try removing it all and reinstalling evolution 1.2.2.
tks
agg

Winterize your home with tips from MSN House & Home. http://special.msn.com/home/warmhome.armx