Re: trying to track down memo-file conduit bug

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 11:14, James Strandboge wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 15:59, James Strandboge wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 13:08, Matt Davey wrote:
> > > Ok,
> > >
> > > I've come up with a patch to fix the memo-file conduit problem.
> > > It works for me.  I don't use evolution, etc., so this needs
> > > further testing.  Other conduit code was already using the
> > > new marshalling stuff (see gpmarshal*), so the fix was
> > > pretty straightforward.
> >
> > I am glad to see someone get this to work.  However, after patching the
> > files, it still doesn't work here.  Can you supply a patch against the
> > original tarball instead of redhat's 2.0.10-2?
>
> Ok-- from off list email I understand that was against 2.0.10.  I
> applied the patches and it compiled and executes ok

<snip>

> so I did 'touch '~/Memos/.categories' and it synced with 'Copy from
> Pilot'.  Now it synchronizes.  Not sure why it didn't just create
> .categories, but it is a step in the right direction.

I forgot to mention that I also compiled gnome-pilot-conduits against
the newly patched gnome-pilot.  I had to manually copy 'gpmarshal.h' to
/usr/include/gpilotd for memofile to compile, so it seems this wasn't
meant to be a public interface and the patch may need to be adjusted.

That said, I downgraded to the previous gnome-pilot-conduits (still
2.0.10 though, just compiled against the unpatched gnome-pilot), and it
does still work against the newly patched gnome-pilot.  As such, I'd say
things are (finally) moving forward.

Thanks,

Jamie

--