Re: trying to track down memo-file conduit bug

Message: 5
Subject: Re: trying to track down memo-file conduit bug
From: James Strandboge <jamie tpptraining com>
To: gnome-pilot-list gnome org
Date: 27 Aug 2003 11:14:34 -0400

On 27 Aug 2003 11:14, James Strandboge <jamie tpptraining com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 15:59, James Strandboge wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 13:08, Matt Davey wrote:
> > > Ok,
> > >
> > > I've come up with a patch to fix the memo-file conduit problem.
> > > It works for me.  I don't use evolution, etc., so this needs
> > > further testing.  Other conduit code was already using the
> > > new marshalling stuff (see gpmarshal*), so the fix was
> > > pretty straightforward.
> >
> > I am glad to see someone get this to work.  However, after patching

> > the
> > files, it still doesn't work here.  Can you supply a patch against
> > the
> > original tarball instead of redhat's 2.0.10-2?
>
> Ok-- from off list email I understand that was against 2.0.10.  I
> applied the patches and it compiled and executes ok, then I get this
> from gpilotd:
>
> gpilotd-Message: Pilot ID is 1129, name is MyPilot2, owner is james
> gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in restore queue
> gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in conduit queue
> memo-file-conduit-Message: MemoFile Conduit v 0.9
> memo-file-conduit-Message: PreSync
> memo-file-conduit-Message: load_records
> memo-file-conduit-Message: load_categories
> memo-file-conduit-Message: no categories, no records
>
> (gpilotd:13892): gpilotd-WARNING **: Conduits initialization failed,
> aborting operation
> memo-file-conduit-Message: destroying memo_file conduit
> gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=115200
>
> (gpilotd:13892): gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: Connection timed
> out

> (gpilotd:13892): gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: timeout was 2 secs

I've attached a patch for the gnome-pilot-conduits file
memo_file/memo_file_conduit.c. I basically changed the load_records
function (and function call) back to how it was before 2.0.10. JP
changed load_records to prevent the memo_file conduit from crashing
since he didn't have time to fix it. I left the rest of the file alone,
and it works now. :)

I had to make sure that gpmarshal.h was included in the
gpilotd/gnome-pilot-conduit-standard-abs.h file.

I also had to make sure that gpmarshal.h was copied over to the
/usr/include/gpilotd directory so I could rebuild the
gnome-pilot-conduits package (this meant modifying the
gpilotd/Makefile.am and gpilotd/Makefile.in files - I've included those
as attachments too, in case someone cares).

Thanks Matt for the patches!

Nathan Owens