Re: Conduits directory

Sorry to bother you again, but is somebody here interested? I thing, that at least the ${datadir} instead of ${prefix} should be used.

P.

Pavel Hlavnicka wrote:
Hi all,

I've some notes to the location of the conduits files.

1. *.conduits files are installed into ${datadir}/gnome-pilot/conduits; this is ok.

2. When searched
   (gnome_pilot_conduit_management_get_conduit_file_names() in
    gnome-pilot-conduit-management.c)

  - the GNOME_PATH environment is used as the FIRST choice directory
  - CONDUITDIR is used when GNOME_PATH is not set

Both of listed is problematic, I guess

GNOME_PATH is used for several different purposes (e.g. gnome-config uses this variable). I think, it is too 'strong' for tweaking things like this. It prevents one to separate the data dir and libraries - this is what I'm doing on my system, and trust me, I've got a good reason :)

CONDUITDIR is set in the Makefile.in as ${prefix}, what is definitely misleading, ${datadir} would work much better, wouldn't it? :)

Thanks for all your work.

HTH

Pavel

--