Re: Sync with visor

I have been tinkering with gpilotd and I did get it to sync really well
*once* by setting the Visor to flow-control on. I started gpilotd
manually and everything sync'd with Evolution perfectly.

I tried it second time and it failed with

gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: Input/output error

gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: timeout was 2 secs

	One odd thing I did notice. I removed the visor module (/sbin/rmmod
visor), reloaded it and then re-ran gpilotd and it failed. I then tried
unloading visor and usbserial modules and it said it was busy. The visor
module unloaded fine and after that failed unloading usbserial. The
usbserial module claimed it was busy. I could not find a process that
made it busy. This may be what is causing the gpilotd problem. Once a
sync is completed or attempted something in the usbserial module is left
in a weird state. That or some unseen process did not release the
usbserial module. Funny thing is that the visor module was able to be
unloaded. Since visor sits atop usbserial I am curious as to why visor
would unload but usbserial would not.

	I am going to continue peeling this artichoke but I felt this was worth
mentioning as it smells like a possible clue as to the cause.

(This was running Redhat 7.2 patched to 2.4.9-31 kernel/modules)

/sbin/lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
visor                   9760   2
usbserial              18368   0 [visor]
sr_mod                 14904   0 (autoclean)
cdrom                  27840   0 (autoclean) [sr_mod]
i810_audio             18848   0 (autoclean)
ac97_codec              9632   0 (autoclean) [i810_audio]
soundcore               4036   2 (autoclean) [i810_audio]
agpgart                31232   3 (autoclean)
NVdriver              820608  14 (autoclean)
parport_pc             14884   1 (autoclean)
lp                      6880   0 (autoclean)
parport                24000   1 (autoclean) [parport_pc lp]
autofs                 10308   0 (autoclean) (unused)
eepro100               17872   1
ipchains               35720   0
usb-uhci               21572   0 (unused)
usbcore                51104   1 [visor usbserial usb-uhci]
ext3                   61392   2
jbd                    39936   2 [ext3]
aic7xxx               115584   0
3w-xxxx                27648   3
sd_mod                 10944   6
scsi_mod               92448   4 [sr_mod aic7xxx 3w-xxxx sd_mod]

Jeff