RE: Sync of Palm m500 series - gnome-pilot-conduits

Hi JP,

This was the output I was getting before I applied the patch, it was
complaining about O_RDONLY and others as below, I probably confused people
by including it but I included it because the conduits package was giving
similar errors to what I was seeing in gnome-pilot prior to applying the
patch. The first bit in the compile of the email conduit (the first one to
compile) it dies with a O_RDONLY error just as the gpilotd had so I thought
it may have been the same problem. I seem to remember, in the distant past
that was my days programming C, that O_RDONLY came from a standard include
file like fcntl.h or something like that. I ran out of time to have a good
look at it last night. But when I upgraded my evolution to 1.0.3 recompiled
against the gnome-pilot stuff I discovered that I now have the three
conduits to sync my evolution :)

I have also a couple of other queries about the gnome-pilot package. I read
in the mailing list that to install an app I just have to drag it onto the
gpilot gnome applet, this didn't seem to work, any suggestions? Is there any
way to sync to evolution while its not running, like you can do it
Windows/Outlook, this isn't a major issue just a minor inconvenience? And
finally is there any way to upload Acrobat PDFs and/or Palm Reader books?

Regards
Peter

-I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2
-I/usr/X11R6/include -g -O2 -c email_conduit.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/email_conduit.lo
email_conduit.c: In function `openmhmsg':
email_conduit.c:91: `O_RDONLY' undeclared (first use in this function)
email_conduit.c:91: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
email_conduit.c:91: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [email_conduit.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory

gpilotd.c: In function `monitor_channel':
gpilotd.c:908: warning: implicit declaration of function `open'
gpilotd.c:909: `O_RDONLY' undeclared (first use in this function)
gpilotd.c: In function `write_pid_file':
gpilotd.c:1003: `O_RDWR' undeclared (first use in this function)
gpilotd.c:1003: `O_TRUNC' undeclared (first use in this function)
gpilotd.c:1003: `O_CREAT' undeclared (first use in this function)