RE: Setup

yo syncboy...

>Is there instructions to get syncing to work in Gnome?
>I can sync in KDE but the Gnome applications doesn't work at all. All
>that happens is that my Visor times out claiming it couldn't establish
>connection with the computer.

So what gnome do you have installed ? The stuff that came
with redhat? recent versions from ftp.gnome.org or debian?
or ximian via the updater ?

Because anyhoo, you first of need to have gnome-pilot
installed. You can find the latest version on
http://eskil.org/gnome-pilot/download/ but, if you don't
have a pretty recent (as in not RedHat 6.2) gnome version,
you'll want to upgrade other parts as well, like gnome-core,
gnome-libs, gnome-vfs etc. (or you take the easy way, and
cruise by www.ximian.com (the coders formerly known as
helix) and get their gnome distro+their updater tool.

(optional kühl conduits are in gnome-pilot-conduits,
and gnome-pim-conduits provides conduits for the
calendar and addressbook)

Once you have a gnome-pilot installed, click on the menu
thingy, and under Applets/Tools, there should be a thingy
called "PilotSync" (thats actually a bad name, I should
change that). Well, start this thingy, and it should
fuck^H^H^H^Hpop up a druid that takes you through the
steps.

Btw, since you've got syncing working in KDE up and running
I assume you're over the USB hurdle thing.

/dev/too-much-coffee

Få din egen webmail på http://mail.sol.dk - gratis og med dig overalt!