control-center and stat woes

Yo gnome-pilot-lovers...

>Instead of displaying the conduits config tool under Pilot Conduits, it
>shows the same tool as Pilot Link does, and there are 2 instances of
>each Pilot Lind and Pilot Conduits, one set under MISSINGNAME :-(

Yeah, it seems to be a problem with the 0.1.61 package.
The .62 seems to work fine. The problem was, that we used
to have seperate capplets pr. conduit, so there were more
dirs in /usr/share/control-center/yadayada. These empty
dirs were removed in .62. So upgrade and rejoice.

So anyhoo, back to stat. I got the StatBug today and was
mystified. The fun thing was, a "ldd -r gpilotd" showed
random shite like liboaf, libgconf and shit _after_
libc and ld-linux. The stat call that was undefined it
a stat call I was doing inside gpilotd.c, and looking
at gcc -E output level showed the expected defines
for stat (to __xstat).

I thought "humm, that blows", turned off my laptop and went
home. Turned it back on, recompiled and *poof*, bug was gone.

Creepy. So I guess that something flaky must've happened
during linking (caused by environment or que?) that
causes shit to be added after libc/ld-linux and there
be carnage.

So the stat bug exists, but it seems to be some linking
shite that causes it. If you experience it with an rpm,
please tell me. If you experience it with a homebuild,
please log out & rebuild.
/dev/tard

Få din egen webmail på http://mail.sol.dk - gratis og med dig overalt!