Re: Pilot Connection problems

Hi,

On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 06:54, Eskil Heyn Olsen wrote:
> Oh, this could be the stat weirdness, where for some odd reason stat is
> suddenly an undefined symbol. What is the gpilotd output ? ("killall
> gpilotd;gpilotd")

Sorry for the prolonged silence - you're right, stat is undefined -
gpilotd says:

gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.63 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.9.6-cvs
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [GOAD] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/pilot)
gpilotd-Message: Woke on Cradle
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600
gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: Connection timed out
gpilotd-WARNING **: pi_accept_to: timeout was 2 secs
gpilotd-Message: Woke on Cradle
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600
gpilotd-Message: Cradle Cradle has 0 events
gpilotd: relocation error: gpilotd: undefined symbol: stat

rpm -qa | grep pilot gives:

pilot-link-0.9.6-cvs
gnome-pilot-conduits-0.7-1
gnome-pilot-0.1.63-1

Interestingly, 0.1.63 behaves slightly differently to 0.1.62. 62 opened
the sync window and then just sat there, while 63 doesn't even do that -
the applet just flashes red (presumably gpilotd dying and restarting).

It could be a permission thing, but I don't see why. ls -l /dev/ttyS?
gives:

crw-------    1 james    uucp       4,  64 Nov  7 12:24 /dev/ttyS0
crw-rw----    1 root     uucp       4,  65 Nov  7 12:22 /dev/ttyS1
crw-rw----    1 root     uucp       4,  66 Aug 30 21:30 /dev/ttyS2
crw-rw----    1 root     uucp       4,  67 Aug 30 21:30 /dev/ttyS3
<snip>

Don't really know why /dev/ttyS0 is different (where /dev/pilot is
pointing), but seeing as I seem to own it, it shouldn't be a problem,
should it? Anyway, I've tried changing the permissions, and it makes no
difference at all, so it's presumably nothing to do with that.

This is all running on RH7.2. Any ideas what is causing this? It was
working beautifully with 7.1!

cheers,
--
James Smith - Vapour Technology - james vapourtech com
www: http://www.vapourtech.com/          ICQ: 53372434