RE: Calendar and Address Book sync

>>Can someone please tell me which versions of the libraries I should be
>>using?  Should I get EVERYTHING from cvs and build it?  Can I start with
>>the Ximian Gnome release and update libraries from there?  Should I
>>stick with the 1.2 release of Gnome?  I don't really care which versions
>>I'm using, I just want to get everything to work.

>Most likely, you're missing the package called gnome-pilot-conduits,
>which contains the gnome-pim conduits.

>But, these conduits are unmaintained these days, as the gnome-pim
>package is being phased out because evolution will some day
>replace it.

>Evolution already has pretty functional conduits. I don't think they're
>built in the snapshots, but if you build evolution from source, there's
>a configure option to enable the conduits.

I haven't tried building Evolution yet (it sounds pretty messy), but
I can't get the pilot-link daemon to work with Gnome 1.4 (which I think
I need for Evolution, right?).  I would love to use Evolution (even
though it's not completely stable yet), but I would need to get
pilot-link to work first.

I did install gnome-pilot-conduits, but the pim conduits still didn't
show up.  I did this on Gnome 1.2, which is packaged with RedHat 7.1.

So back to my original question:  Should I stick with Gnome 1.2, which
has a working pilot-link, and try to get the conduits to work?  If so,
which version of gnome-pilot-conduits should I look for to get the
conduits to show up?

Or, should I use Gnome 1.4, try to get pilot-link to work, and then
build Evolution to get its conduits?  If so, should I find a version
of pilot-link somewhere, or should I try to build it?

What would be the path of least resistance?

Thanks for the help,

Udo Hoerhold