Calendar and Address Book sync

OK, I've tried different versions of Gnome, and different versions of
every possible library I can find, and I can't get my calendar or
address book to sync with my palm.  Either the conduits don't show up,
or the daemon won't run, or I can't build pilot-link or gnome-pilot.

Can someone please tell me which versions of the libraries I should be
using?  Should I get EVERYTHING from cvs and build it?  Can I start with
the Ximian Gnome release and update libraries from there?  Should I
stick with the 1.2 release of Gnome?  I don't really care which versions
I'm using, I just want to get everything to work.

I'm almost frustrated enough to go back to Windows 2000.  It's not as
good a development environment, but at least everything works.  I don't
mind putting some work into this, but I would at least like everything
to work when I'm done.

Thanks,

Udo Hoerhold