Re: Syncing mail with Eudora Internet SUite

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Richard Zach wrote:

> Just on the off chance that someone's looked into this: I installed the
> Eudora Internet Suite for PalmOS <http://www.eudora.com/internetsuite/>,
> and it looks pretty sweet: multiple accounts, multiple identities,
> plenty of security options for POP and STMP, etc.  Unfortunately, it
> doesn't look like it's built on top of the built-in Mail app, so syncing
> with JPilot or Evolution won't work, right?  Anyone considering work on
> a conduit?

If it uses "MailDB" then it will work, but from what you say I would guess it
doesn't. If it uses the Palm Mail format then it would be easy enough for an
app to open "EMailDB" or whatever instead.

If it uses its own special Mail format then someone would have to add support
to pilot-link for it. Right now apps like pilot-mailsync use functions like
unpack_MailSyncPref and unpack_MailSignaturePref to do their work.
Corresponding functions, or additional functionality to those functions, would
need to be implemented in pilot-link.

-Hollis