[newbie] Pilot<->Gnomecal

I bet this is a FAQ but I can't find anything helpful on the gnome site.
(Where should I be looking?)

I have a reasonably standard redhat 7 set up. I have a palm. What I am
aiming for is easy managment of my calendar from both desktop and palm.

Installing gnome-pilot and gnomecal from rpm's (or preinstalled) was fine.

Syncing took a while but then I realised that the rw permissions on
/dev/ttyS1 needed to be set.

Synchronising works fine for Files (backup) which is good.

I can't seem to synchronise my gnomecal and/or pilot. I am running

[birney riker birney]$ gnomecal --version
Gnome calendar 1.2.0
[birney riker birney]$
[birney riker birney]$
[birney riker birney]$ gpilotd --version
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.55 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.9.5
gpilotd-Message: Using GOAD
Gnome gnome-pilot 0.1.55
[birney riker birney]$

There is nothing on gnomecal that looks like "import from Palm" or
"sync" and going through a hotsync (either button press on the cradle
and/or intiated from the gnomecc) seems to do anything...

Is it possible to synchronise these to things. It probably is (and it is
probably easy right!)

What am I doing wrong?

ewan

<birney ebi ac uk>.