Re: Trials and tribulations - Palm + Gnome + Evolution

it's not you -- a lot of us are having this problem.  the problem is
with the latest beta release of the gnome control center that most of us
have installed from Ximian.  You can either uninstall the new control
center or wait for it to get fixed.

hope that reassures you a little.
:)