Crash, Crash, Crash and Crash ... need help please !

Hi to all !!! ..

And God morning ... ;o) now it's 4:30 AM here !!! (yeah, I know it's
sad)

I'm using Debian/unstable ... and got gnome-pilot, pilot-link,
gnome-pim-conduits, gnome-pilot-conduits packages ... (and others as
suggested) ....

When I go to GNOME Control Center and select Pilot Link for 1st time, I
got the nice wizard, so I select Network option (My Cradle is connected
to another linux box running pppd) ... When I click next, shows up the
Pilot Identification ...  I select YES and hit next. I got "Application
gpilotd process xxxx has crashed" .. just hit close to get failed
sending request to GnomePilot Daemon ....hit OK and Wizard go to Initial
Sync screen, saying to put my Palm on Cradle /dev/pilot even if I
selected Network option, hit next goes to Pilot Attributes, another next
and finish ...
I click OK on Control Center to commit changes .. and now click on Pilot
Conduits ... I have another "Application gpilotd process xxxx has
crashed", hit close, and shows up Cannot connect to GnomePilot Daemon,
hit OK and nothing shows up on Control Center ...

If I'm doing something wrong or stupid, please tell me ... I can sync
with jpilot just by putting a "." on port parameter, and same with
pilot-manager .... but gnome-pilot don't allow me to do this, don't
enable next button, (pilot-link docs says by putting a dot you mean a
network connection.)

I'm not a linux newbie (2 years was gone since my first ls command :o) )
but I won't be angry if someone writes me a steb-by-step monkey-doable
instructions telling how to put this beast to work ;o)

if someone wants gdb data ... just write me ... (and how I can get those
data)

please .. reply me at diem uol com br too ...

Thanks

Theo Cabrerizo Diem