iPaq acting like a Palm to sync wth pilot-link??

Hi,
I used pilot-link with a palm III and it worked great. I'm trying to find a way to sync my iPaq to the same data using pilot-link.

The idea is that I would build some serial communication app that interacts with pilot-link as if it were a palm pilot. I'm not woried about the iPaq side, I guess what I'm really looking for is a simple pointer to "Where can I find the protocol documentation?" for the syncing process.

Yes I know someone is building a palm os emulator for the ipaq, but that's overkill. I just want to sync pim data. All I want is the Protocol Documentation to build an application that pilot-link would think is a real palm device and interact with.

Any info on where to start would be much appreciated, I've looked everywhere for a straight answer :)

Thank you
_________
Ahmadster