Compile problem

This may be an old question, but my list archive searches are coming up
empty.

When compiling gnome-pim after building gnome-pilot (0.1.59 or 0.1.61 --
I've tried both, with and without oaf), I get:

gnome_pilot_conduit_sync_type_int_to_str /usr/local/lib/libgpilotdcm.so
gnome_pilot_conduit_sync_type_str_to_int /usr/local/lib/libgpilotdcm.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
calendar-conduit-control-applet

I've found the function definitions in gpilotd/manager.c, and can't for
the life of me figure out why they don't show up when I link the
gnome-pilot libs.

This is on Solaris 8, with the latest stable GNOME stuff.  Any ideas?