Evolution and group calendaring

I have a client who wants me to replace Outlook on his system with
something Linux.  His specific need is to share his calendar with 1 or 2
people who can schedule things for him.  Specifically, he wants the
ability for the people to email him, and items goto his schedule.

Small hoop jumping is fine.

Next he want to sync it with a palm/visor.

I know this question comes up a lot, but I could not find a full
answer.  I have been looking at gnome office/star
office/koffice/gnomecal/evolution.

GPL is a major plus, and open source is probably a requirement (i.e. no
corporatetime).

I have researched this before and the answer is usually a major hoop
jumping, a shared web server (which might be possibly, but the main
person is traveling, and there is no VPN yet, we want this as asynch as
possible), or in the TODO list.

--
Zot O'Connor

http://www.ZotConsulting.com