Installation Anomalies?

Hi.  Gnome-pilot - great project - just wish I could use it.  I'm
running RH6.1 on a Thinkpad 600E.

Firstly, maybe just a cosmetic error:

# rpm -ivh gnome-pilot-0.1.52-1.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
	libglade >= 0.11 is needed by gnome-pilot-0.1.52-1

# rpm -qa | grep libglade
libglade-0.6-1

So I just forced it to be installed with the --nodeps option.  More
importantly however, whenever I try to sync, I just get

"gpilotd caused a fatal error (Segmentation Fault)".

This happens before any logging occurs and before any of the conduits
kick in.  The gnome bug number seems unhelpful given it is different
and increasing every time the problem occurs.

Can anyone offer advice on how I can get this package to work?

Cheers and many thanks, Nick.

PS - Yep the permissions on /dev/ttyS1 are read/write for all.