Re: pilot-link config fails to mkdir basedir

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Carlos Morgado wrote:

> > > The gnome-pilot capplet fails to make the basedir when a pilot is
> > > configured. I configured adding that to gpilotd-control-applet.c but i
> oki ... but i was looking for discussion about the fix to post a patch :)

Oh, in that case, my solution would be ;

1 - user clicks ok in the edit box, check the dir for existence,
    read/write abilities.
2 - if ok, goto 5, if not, goto 3
3 - if exitense fails, mkdir, if mkdir fails, goto 4, if not, goto 5
4 - display box indicating the fault, possible using the errno to help
    (having specific strings for the "normal" ones, displaying the
     strerror for the odd ones).
5 - end

Wouldn't that be sufficient to help the user ?

/dev/eskil