Re: Backup conduit behavior

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 10:51:02PM -0300, Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira wrote:

> Great program. Congratulations. But, I really miss the behavior of
> pilot-link -s. The backup conduit, apparently, only stores bases not
> associated with others conduits. I believe it would be great if there
> was a configuration option (maybe in the backup conduit capplet) to
> select *all* bases to be backed up.
what version are you using? i used 0.1.52 & the current CVS and they both
backed up every base. but i do seem to recall they didnt always, you might
want to wait for an authoritative answer on that.

> The rationale behind this is:
[brilliant rationale]

> The problem I see associated with this option is a possible
> inconsistency performing a restore to the pilot. What shoukd take
> precedency, the conduit data or the backed up base?
the backed up base, many conduits lose 'bits' of information.
(eg. notes etc.)

--
Robert Mibus <mibus@bigpond.com>
Do not underestimate the value of print statements for debugging.