Access Denied

Ok i've been trying to get my palm III to intergrate w/ GNOME
Im running Redhat 6.0 & all the latest gnome stuff.
So ive installed all the necessary components i assume to get
gnome-pilot to work. pilot-link ; mal-conduits ; gnome-pim ; etc.
These were downloaded recently. Yesterday or day before.

Heres my problem.When i open the gnome-control-center & select pilot-link
it gives me an error saying "cant find crattle" or something to that efect.Also
the text box for the port will not allow me to enter text ie: /dev/pilot. Also
when i change something such as username it gives me a Read/Write error.
Some body please help.