RE: copilot question

Zot O'Connor writes:
 >Just a quick question.
 >
 >Can I use the co-pilot to emulate a pilot to other apps?

   You mean synching? yes.

 >I am looking at testing a bunch of things, like connectivity to
 >staroffice/postgres, and was looking at going to from gnome-pilot. The
 >problem is that my wife won't let me play with her handspring :(

  Have you tried visor with gnome-pilot? I'm really curious if that
works.

 >I just saw the note about testing with the copilot, can I copy the
 >contents (synch) from the handspring to the copilot and test to my
 >hearts content?

Well you can't sync pilot directly to the copilot, but there are
several different ways you could achieve this. The easiest way is
probably to fully backup your handspring with gnome-pilot. And than
load the backup databases/applications in the co-pilot (I'd recommend
the latest POSE). You could also first sync visor through gnome-pilot,
and than syncing copilot with gnome-pilot, tricking it to think that
this is the same pilot [make ID's the same] but this is a bit tricky.
See gnome-pilot README on how to setup gnome-pilot to sync with Emulator.

You going to have to get a ROM file for a pilot if you don't have one,
as I'm pretty sure that PSOE doesn't support visor's ROM yet. IF any
programs from visor use any special visor functionality they might not
work also, but I'd think most stuff will work.

-Vadim