Re: Problem with syncing/connecting to gpilotd

Manuel,

On Mon, Jan 03, 2000 at 09:04:07AM -0800, Manuel A. McLure wrote:
> I see this too, if the gpilotd is started automatically as a CORBA server
> (i.e. I start the sync applet or the control panel and let them start
> gpilotd) - if I start gpilotd manually it doesn't happen. I reported this
> many moons ago, but the bug was closed without a fix.

That did the trick.  I also noticed that I had to have the calendar app open
as well or it also died.  I now have both gpilotd and gnomecal in my Startup
Programs list.  With that configuration, everything works fine.

Can I still have the panel applet?  I was wondering if that would start up
before or after the startup programs?

Thanks,
Matt

 Matt Luker         "Now, with God's help,
 kostya@lucide.com   I shall become myself."
 Norwood, MA           -- Soren Kierkegaard

 PGP KEY: http://www.lucide.com/keys/kostya.pub