Re: trouble compiling / debian potato

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Fabien Penso wrote:

> gnome-pilot-stubs.c: In function
> `_ORBIT_GNOME_Pilot_UnknownPilot_demarshal':
> gnome-pilot-stubs.c:32: warning: passing arg 3 of `CORBA_exception_set'
> discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> gnome-pilot-common.c:122: warning: initialization from incompatible
> pointer type

These are autogenerated files, by the IDL compiler for ORBit.

> gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/pilot_applet pilot.o -rdynamic -L/usr/lib
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib ../gpilotd/.libs/libgpilotd.so -lgnome -lgnomesupport
> -lesd -laudiofile -lm -ldb -lglib -ldl -lcrypt -lcrypt -Wl,--rpath
> -Wl,/usr/local/lib/

This is completely wrong. You're missing both -lpanel_applet and -lORBit
and about a million others.

> So if someone knows about that one, I am hearing you :)

You say gnome-pim compiled fine, what about other gnome-programs ? Because
if the about "gcc -g..." line is what the configure system wrote, either
the configure magik is broken, or your installation is really weird.

/dev/eskil