RE: problem sync'ing with gnome-pim

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Glenn Attwood wrote:

> gcalconduit-Message: GnomeCal Conduit v.0.8.11
> gcalconduit-WARNING **: Can not communicate with GnomeCalendar server
> gcalconduit-WARNING **: Could not start gnomecal server

There's some bad blood between gpilotd, gnorba and gnomecal, where the
gnorba call returns but without a handle to the gnomecal instance. I
haven't yet had time to peek at it, but it's in the bug base.

> backupconduit-Message: Making backup of MailDB
> backupconduit-WARNING **: Backup of MailDB failed!

Ech, I keep hearing about this, I've got no clue right now. For some
reason the pi_retrieve calls fail (the call to retrieve a db from the
pilot), as if the pilot is in a error state. Think's it's related to the
gnomecal failing and some of the gpilotd <> pilot interaction not being
properly cleaned up.

> if gnomecal is running when I sync, it dumps core. (how do I get it to
> actually put a core file down not pop up a dialog?)

export GNOME_DISABLE_CRASH_DIALOG=1

/dev/eskil