gpilotd and some random comments

Ok, so I finally got enough money together to buy a new cradle (since
I have no idea where my old one is), and now I can try out this fun
gnome pilot stuff.  Here are my observations/questions:

1. I noticed an absence of a debian package.  Is someone working
on this?

2. Last bit.  After everything has been installed I try configuring
gnome pilot in the Control Center.  I get the error "Cannot connect to
the GnomePilot Daemon".  Ok, fair enough.  I try starting gpilotd.  It
tells me that there are "No cradles configure" and "No pilots
configured"  in the console I started gpilotd in there is a Warning
that it is "Winging it anyways..." and that I should run the
gpilotd-control-applet.  So I run gpilotd-control-applet and it still
tells me that it cannot connect to the GnomePilot Daemon.  Anyone have
any clues?

===
Sam Phillips <samp@aztech-cs.com>             http://www.usaworks.com/~sam
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.
                -- Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"