RE: memo double with each sync

Similar things have been reported a couple of times, and lots of data has
been graciously provided to me, but unfortunately I still have yet to
reproduce this in my environment. So any info you provide would be
helpful.

Charles R. Tersteeg writes:
 > My pilot looses charge sometimes and I have to reinstall everything.
 > When I set the memos up this time, it shows one copy on the pilot and
 > one copy plus one copy 2 in the pilotMemos directory.

Asuming you have what you want on your pilot, you can fix this by
doing "rm -rf ~/MyPilotName/memos", turning the memo conduit of and on
again (to trigger slow sync) and sync again.  But this is just a
workaround to resolve an issue, I'm still trying to figure out how it
comes about.

 > I'm running rh6.1 with latest rpms.  I have tried various ways to see
 > what's going on but no luck (i.e. with an empty pilot memo and empty
 > dir, it does delete all the memos)
 > 1.  if I create just one memo on pilot, it makes two in pilotMemos.
 > when sync, it creates the additional one on the pilot and two more in
 > the dir.

Hmm. Send me the contents of the ".ids" file in the related category.

 > 2.  if I create one memo in pilotMemos, it creates one on pilot.
 > after sync, it creates two in pilotMemos and so on...
 >
 > If anyone can provide any insight, that would be nice.

Well I think I understand that once it is in this state it just keeps
growing, but I'm still buffled as to how it gets there. Do you
remember exactly what you did to go between the good state to this state?

Thanks,
-Vadim